Friday, January 11, 2013

Grocery Ads

So as a mom of 3 and a complete family of 5 I try hard to save money every day. Well I needed to go grocery shopping today, so I thought I would try out ad matching. I spent my time going through grocery ads circling what I wanted and then making a list of items I thought were a good deal. I put my information in my purse And off to the store I went. Now I am a Walmart shopper, I love the prices, I love that the store is so easy to get through fairly quickly because it is easy to memorize the layout and where everything is (most walmarts are the same so that helps). I load my cart up discovering that most of the stuff on my list were cheaper at my store already so I didn't even need the ad match. For the hour I spent going through ads and making my list I think all in all I saved maybe $2.00 but I also bought things I don't normally buy either so did I really save many in the long run? In my conclusion I don't think it works very well and in all honesty was a waste of my time. Not saying its a waste of time for everyone, just my own personal time was wasted. Now if you know of how to make ad matching work better than this newbie was doing l gladly open my ears and my mind to it to learn something new! Also on top of it all, I was in the check out line right at midnight and of course when it came time to pay the debit machines decided to take a vacation... Lol, so my groceries are patiently waiting in the cooler at Walmart waiting for me to go back and get it.... Wow what a shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment